The EPG Smart plugin works in the background and does not greatly affect the performance of boxes with a fast processor, but it is still better to optimize its operation using settings based on the following principles.
The EPG Smart plugin is one of the components of our SmartEPG® technology. Let’s analyse the EPG Smart plugin settings:
- Transmission duration threshold for rating search (this parameter reduces the false triggering of the EPG Smart launch to search for information on programs with a duration less than the specified time in this parameter, since there is no point in looking for a rating from the news program for less than 30 minutes, which in turn reduces the load a little on the processor and speeds up the process of the EPG Smart script).
- Smart update when switching channels (this option is better to disable, because when it is turned on, it will start the process of scanning all current programs of the new channel in the Internet database and updating ratings and genres in the TV guide memory)!
- Smart update when updating the program guide (this parameter is advisable to enable if you use the EPG Refresh plugin, but you need to understand that while running the script of the EPG Refresh plugin for updating the program guide, by switching to non-duplicate transponders, EPG Smart will be launched to receive and update data on all programms of all channels of each transponder, which takes up a sufficient amount of processor resources, and which in turn requires additional adjustment of the EPG Refresh response while you are not using your box! See below.).
- Smart update when importing the program guide (this parameter is advisable to enable if you use the EPG Import plugin, but here you need to understand that while running the EPG Import plugin script for updating the program guide, by downloading data through channels, EPG Smart will be launched to receive and update data on all channels through which the import occurred, which takes up a sufficient amount of processor resources, and that in turn requires additional adjustment of the EPG Import response at the time when you are not using your box! See below.)
- Smart update scheduler (it is advisable to enable this parameter if you do not use points 2-4 from the list above and set up a schedule for triggering when you are not using your box, otherwise it is recommended to turn it off!).
The settings of the EPG Import plug-in are advisable to make in accordance with the principle of launching an update only when an update is required and your box is not used (for example, if the TV guide program is updated once a week for Kartina.TV service.
The EPG Refresh plugin settings should be carried out in accordance with the principle of launching updates only when your box is not in use, specifying either the preferred refresh interval, for example, at night from 00:01 to 00:05 or prohibiting the update when the box is not in standby mode.